Paperless Office Blog

The purpose of this blog is to discuss paperless office issues.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Create Acrobat PDF Files Quicker

From both casual observations and timings I found a way to create PDF files quicker. This holds true for both Acrobat 6.0 and Acrobat 7.0.

Try to create as many PDF files from one source program at a time. Example, I have just downloaded 2 emails that I want to archive as PDF files. When I "print" the second email to a PDF file, that second PDF file takes much less time to create than the first PDF file. The emails are close to the same size. This holds true for MS Word, MS Excel and other source programs that I have worked with.

Strategy to take advantage of this situation: If possible, create as many PDF files you need from one source program at a time.

The specific running times are available in The Denver Tax Paperless Office Letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home